"TwoFaced Tuesdays" is a joint venture between CupcakesOMG! and Jenna from The Paleo Project. Each week, we select one secret ingredient and put our own paleo spin on it. You can catch up on the entire series here. Also, if you have any special ingredient requests, you can always tweet us (@CupcakesOhMG and @ThePaleoProject) using the hashtag #TwoFacedTuesday.
Throughout the past year, I've made it my personal mission to reinvent the reject vegetable. I've made it into soup, pizza, breakfast, and a barbecue side dish, and, to quote Madonna "do you think I'm satisfied?"
Because when you mix onion, peas, mushrooms, and parmesan cheese with anything, it's impossible to not be effing delicious!
For less yelling, make sure to see what Jenna did with her interpretation of cauliflower!
Makes about 4 servings
- 1 head cauliflower, "riced" in a food processor or grated
- 1/2--1 cup chicken broth
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan
1. In a medium pot, saute onion and garlic in olive oil until translucent.
2. Add cauliflower rice to the pot and toast it for about a minute with the onion and garlic.
3. Add about 1/3 cup of chicken stock, stirring well. Allow to evaporate and soak in as much as possible. (This won't absorb entirely, but it's important for getting the texture right.)
4. Continue to add as much liquid as possible until the cauliflower won't absorb any more liquid.
5. When it seems done (about 15-20 minutes), use a ladle to remove the excess liquid.
6. Add peas and mushrooms.
7. Add cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.