Spinach Artichoke Dip Chicken
Makes 3 servings
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 5 ounces of fresh spinach
- 1/2 c chopped artichoke hearts (packed in water, not oil)
- 2 TBSP full fat mayo
- 2 TBSP plain goat cheese, room temp
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- salt, pepper to taste
- grated parmesan, to taste
1. Heat 1 tsp of olive oil in a pan over medium heat and add spinach. Season with salt and saute until spinach is wilted (about 4 minutes).
2. Drain spinach in a colander
3. While spinach drains, pat chicken breasts dry with a paper towel. Then, using a small knife, make an opening in the fatty end of the chicken breast and create a pouch about two-thirds of the way into the chicken breast, being careful not to puncture the sides or the top and bottom.
4. In a medium bowl, combine drained spinach, chopped artichokes, onion powder, salt, pepper, mayo, and goat cheese until well combined.
5. Gently fill the pocket you made in the chicken breast with the "dip" and season the outside with salt and pepper.
6. Heat a TBSP of olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add chicken and cook each side for about 7 minutes, or until golden brown on the outside and cooked throughout.
5. Sprinkle the top of the chicken breast with parmesan to taste. Place under the broiler for about 3-5 minutes, or until cheese melts and starts to brown. Serve hot.