Amazingly, Countess Luann didn't make up "eggs a la francaise." They're a thing and they exist and they're wonderful and paleo.
Eggs A La Francaise
Serves 1 (or 2 skinnies)
- 3 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp cold or lukewarm water
- about a Tbsp unsalted butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- parmegiano reggiano (optional)
- chives (optional)
1. Crack and whisk eggs in a bowl with the water. Salt and pepper to taste.
2. Over medium high heat, melt the butter in a pan
3. Remove pan from heat and allow to cool for a couple moments; turn heat to low.
4. Add the whisked eggs to the pan and whisk continuously and place back over the heat.
5. Keep whisking eggs until they reach your desired level of doneness. My eggs took about 10 minutes. Remember, keep it low and slow. They will be creamy.
6. Serve eggs with a sprinkle of cheese and chives