You know how you have those friends who you go weeks...months...YEARS without talking to, but when you finally do catch up, it's like no time has passed at all?? Well, the internet is NOTHING like that.
The internet is like that fickle, easily distracted, slightly crazy friend you have. You know who I mean: the one who texts things like "who is this? I got a new phone and lost all my contacts" but you know is lying because what really happened was they deleted you from their contacts when you didn't respond to that text they sent you that one time within 5 minutes. That's the internet. And that's okay. That's what allows you to be obsessed with a blog one minute and then turn on it the next. And that's what allows me to drift in and out of blogging when my REAL LIFE decides to happen.
Instagram feed tells the story of many an indulgent dinner out, lots of dairy-based Starbucks drinks, and oodles of champagne, because I have no willpower.
invent-cook-document-repeat thing, I figured I'd kick things off with a tried and true recipe from my blog name twin, PaleOMG.
Because every muffin top needs a delicious muffin.
Paleo Banana Nut Muffins (adapted from PaleOMG)
Makes 12 muffins
- 3 bananas, mashed with a fork
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (more or less depending on your preferred sweetness)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup chopped pecans (or whatever nut you like)
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a cupcake pan with muffin liners.
3. Mash bananas in a large bowl. Add remaining wet ingredients (eggs, maple syrup, vanilla, almond butter) and mix well.
4. Add dry ingredients (flour, spices, soda, powder, salt) and until combined.
5. Fold in pecans and chocolate chips.
6. Fill muffin liners 3/4 full (an ice cream scoop works well for this).
7. Bake 25 minutes and cool completely before eating (I promise, they come out of the liners better this way!)