Cauliflower is one of my all-time favorite paleo ingredients. From Alfredo sauce, to risotto, to Baked Faux-tato soup, to pizza crust, it can literally be anything you want it to be. It's like the food version of the kid your parents love the most, living fully up to its potential, thereby making everyone else look bad just by showing up. Not that I would know. Only child, hi.
But, like math, simple is best, which is why mashed cauliflower is a perennial favorite in my house. However, no matter how delicious a basic mashed cauliflower might be, there's no reason you can't get just a little creative, without offending your pickiest palettes. Cue: Everything Mashed Cauliflower.
Essentially, the flavors of an everything bagel, in mashed cauliflower.
Range with Kyle a couple weeks ago. They were so incredible, and I was amazed to learn there was no cream cheese added to the potatoes, just the Everything seasoning, and immediately knew I'd be going home and ripping them off. So here you have it:
I don't know where you've been all my life, but I know where you'll be the rest of it: in my tummy.
Everything Mashed Cauliflower
Makes about 6 cups
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (can or beverage--your call; more if it's too thick)
- 1 Tbsp. pasture butter (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp. Everything bagel seasoning
1. Chop cauliflower into large chunks. Steam until tender.
2. Dump steamed cauliflower into a blender with milk, butter, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth an creamy.
3. In a large bowl, mix everything seasoning in with a large spoon. Season with additional salt or seasoning to taste.