Thursday, January 26, 2012

What's In a Name?


So, a few posts back (I'd hyperlink to it, but I can't remember where), I mentioned that I was on a quest to name my CupcakesOMG! readers à la Lady Gaga's Little Monsters. Because if you've learned nothing else about me, it's that Gaga and I were basically separated at birth, nevermind the fact that she's two years younger than me.

I've come up with a few ideas, but since this is how I'll be referring to YOU, I figured I should get your input. What I do with that input is up to me, but still, you can give it.

1. Hookers - haha, jk. But not if you like. Do you like it??
2. Cupcakestituents - clearly I've been keeping up too much with the Republican presidential candidate debates. An by "keeping up too much with", I mean yelling at the TV about how up their own asses they all are. Yes, even you Ron Paul.
3. The Frosting Tings - Is that your name? (clap, clap) Is that your name? (clap, clap)
4. Honey Boo Boo Childs - This one comes from a small child on Toddlers & Tiaras. Enjoy.
5. The WERKettes - It's like The Rockettes meets RuPaul's Drag Race. I'll be honest, it's not my best work.
6. CakeHeads - These is my take on the Grateful Dead's deadheads. Again, not my best.
7. Cupcult - Okay, this one is actually not so bad, right??
8. OMGeeks - I mean, this one's a no brainer.
9. OMGroupies - You can tell I lost steam here at the end, can't you?

Alright, your turn: which do you like? Do you have other suggestions?? Please tell me so I can start using them immediately!

Also, while we're on the topic of names, please make a note that my Twitter handle has recently changed. You can now find me at @CupcakesOhMG.*

*I would have made it CupcakesOMG, but some chick named Vanessa Wong is bogarting it. Vanessa hasn't sent a tweet since the Titanic sank , so I figure one of two things will happen by calling her out: either y'all will all tweet at her to give it up to its rightful owner (me), or someone reading this will be all "Oh, hey, I know Vanessa Wong. She's terrible at twitter. I'm gonna send her a link to this so she feels bad and gives up her handle to this crazy cupcake chick." Bing, bang, boom, I win.

13 comments:

Jenna | The Eighty Twenty said...

Is that your name (clap clap) ahahahaha I'm dying.

Vanessa Wong may actually have been ON the Titanic... or that recent cruise crash in Italy that has been deemed the Titanic of 2012 (ummm so not the case) but if she was, the Twitter Handle's rights may be lost forever!!!! Sad face.

Lydia Armstrong said...

Cupcult. I love it.

Rishan said...

Hookers

Unknown said...

ok dont call me hooker... thanks not my name, thats not my name ...

i vote for cupcults... duh!

whitney said...

i vote for cupcult or omgeeks.

or hookers. but i get that everyday. so maybe something more unique.

Jenna | The Eighty Twenty said...

Cupcult, by the way.

Annalilly said...

Why not keep it simple and go with "cupcakes"?

Gaby said...

I like hookers :) that sounds all kinds of word, i just realized...

Ashley said...

Hookers!

Julia said...

I love The Frosting Tings! Its very cute and not tied to any one trend in the week the Honey Boo Boo Childs may be.

Great ideas!

Julia
Tartan & Sequins

Meg O. said...

I like WERKettes and OMGeeks!

Meghan said...

CUPCULT!!!

Unknown said...

Cupcult!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...