Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Oreo Bottomed Cupcakes

A few weeks back I made these lovelies:

These are Oreo-bottomed Vanilla Cupcakes topped with Chocolate Ganache, Swiss Meringue Vanilla Buttercream, and another Oreo. I made these because, well, why wouldn't I? And because I was going to sell them!!! It's impressive, I know, but you can tell me again if you want...


Sooooo, the "selling" didn't really work out, but no skin off my back. These things were effing delish. So much so in fact, that my friend from work Esther has commissioned me to make these for her wedding. As in, a cupcake wedding cake. It's probably the smartest decision she's made in the past three years. Well, except for saying "yes", but you catch my drift.

I used the vanilla cupcake recipe from My Kitchen Addiciton, with an Oreo baked in at the bottom (sorry for no pic). Then, after they cooled, I topped with a dollop of milk chocolate ganache, SMBC, and an Oreo.

And all was right with the world.

2 comments:

Marcie said...

These look so good! I just love how creative you are.

xo
Marcie

Lot-O-Choc said...

Mmmm these look amazingly delicious!! Yummmy!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...