Chicken Zoodle Soup
Makes about 8 servings
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large clove of garlic, minced
- 3-4 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 lb. chicken (dark meat), chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 quarts chicken stock
- handful of parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 zucchini, spiralized or peeled into "zoodles"
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Add olive oil to a large pot and turn heat to medium. Add onions and a pinch of salt and sweat for a couple minutes.
2. Add garlic to onion and cook for another minute.
3. Add carrots and celery to onion and garlic. Cook for about 2 minutes.
4. Pour chicken stock over vegetables and bring heat to medium high. Add bay leaves. Cook until veggies soften and are fork tender.
5. Add chicken to soup and cook for about 10 minutes. Taste broth and adjust seasoning to taste.
6. Combine zoodles into soup and allow to cook for another couple minutes.
7. Just before serving, remove bay leaves and add parsley. Serve piping hot!