Monday, March 12, 2012

Paleo Dijon Vinaigrette

I'm about to say something almost sacrilege to my gender: I hate salad. I just do. Like, if it's between salad and brussel sprouts, I'll pick brussel sprouts. Every time. And that's because brussel sprouts are delicious. But whatever.

The only way I have learned to enjoy most salads is by drowning them in salad dressing. Admit it...that's the reason you like salad too. ADMIT IT!! So when Jenna and chose our ingredient for tomorrow's TwoFaced recipe, I decided to make a salad, and in doing so, I needed a salad dressing. But I couldn't use anything from a bottle, because they're all loaded with dairy and sugar. I could have used oil and vinegar, but that's just gross. So I took to the internets for inspiration and found a mustard vinaigrette that I knew would be right up my alley.
It's super tangy, what with all the dijon, balsamic vinegar, and lemon juice in it, but it's creamy and the perfect complement to tomorrow's salad.

Paleo Dijon Vinaigrette 
Makes about 1/2 cup

  • 4 Tbsp mustard (I chose dijon, but you could use honey mustard for something sweeter)
  • juice of half a lemon
  • 3 Tbsp olive oil
  • 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
  • salt and pepper
Dump all the ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk together until everything is emulsified. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.

7 comments:

Erin @ Currently Coveting said...

I am the same way about salad(notice there is not one salad recipe on my blog either) I feel like I'm eating rabbit food...but that dressing does sound pretty tasty. Maybe I will give this a try! The avocados on there are really selling me!

XO,
Erin
http://erinscurrentlycoveting.blogspot.com

Gayla said...

Awww...remember our Christmas salad? You liked that one when you were little...this sounds yummy!

Unknown said...

weird that u dont like salad! and i love to make my own dressings too, its so much better! i usually mix olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice with garlic and basil... so good!

ps speaking of paleo haters haha (im not one) but why cant yall have greek yogurt, its like sooo good for you!

Jenna | The Paleo Project said...

I literally hate lettuce. So I totally get this. Can't wait to see tomorrow's recipe

Megan | Freckled Italian said...

Well I love salad. But I also love putting mustard in my vinaigrette! It holds it together so well and it is DELICIOUS! I always forget to use lemon, though. Next time!

Lydia Armstrong said...

Sorry, but Greek salad is the bomb. So are those salads you get at pizzeria-y Italian joints, with the cold cuts and olives in them. So is a tricolore salad with fresh spinach, mozz, and tomatoes. So is a nice mixed green with cranberries and a raspberry vinaigrette. God, why don't I eat more salad???

Anonymous said...

Just made this using Trader Joe's sweet n spicy mustard and it's to die for!! Best dressing I've had in a long while, thanks so much !!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...