Monday, August 8, 2011

Fight Gone Bad Gone Good

Everyone knows I'm a Paleo pusher, but what you probably don't know is that I'm a Crossfitter, too. In all honesty, I'm not a great one--I get winded jogging 200 meters, I still do assisted pull-ups using the thickest band possible, and my calluses come and go because I don't work out as often as I should, but the point remains that I do Crossfit.

For anyone who has ever put themsleves through the Crossfit wringer, you likely know that many of the WODs (or Workouts of the Day) have names. Fight Gone Bad is probably one of the most famous. 



What is FGB? Here's the explanation from the official Crossfit website:

In this workout you move from each of five stations after a minute. This is a five-minute round from which a one-minute break is allowed before repeating. We've used this in 3 and 5 round versions. The stations are:
  1. Wall-ball: 20 pound ball, 10 ft target. (Reps)
  2. Sumo deadlift high-pull: 75 pounds (Reps)
  3. Box Jump: 20" box (Reps)
  4. Push-press: 75 pounds (Reps)
  5. Row: calories (Calories)
The clock does not reset or stop between exercises. On call of "rotate," the athlete/s must move to next station immediately for good score. One point is given for each rep, except on the rower where each calorie is one point.

My Crossfit gym is holding its sixth annual Fight Gone Bad fundraiser at the end of September. FGB fundraisers are held around the country and have raised over $3 million in the past two years. This year, the proceeds from my Crossfit gym are going to three amazing organizations: Camp Patriot, Special Operations Warrior Foundation, and the Crossfit Foundation.

This will mark the third time I've done the FGB workout, however it marks the first time I'm raising funds for these organizations. To that end, I've set up a fundraising page where you can donate LITERALLY anything you like. I'm hoping to raise at least $300, but I'll need at least $50 just to participate. 

To sweeten the deal, I'm even offering to dress up in a costume of your choosing should I hit my goal. Imagine Cher doing wall balls, or Lady Gaga on the row machine, or Wonder Woman doing box jumps!!!! It sounds like a recipe for HILARITY! So, once you have a chance to dig through your couch cushions, stop by my fundraising page and donate what you can. Every bit helps!

1 comment:

CINCHED AT THE WAIST said...

i loooove crossfit. its a great way to intergrade cardio and overall awesome toning result. pluuus you dont get bored!

thanks for sharing,
Annina
www.cinchedatthewaist.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...