Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Memories

As a child, I never really appreciated Memorial Day. In Texas, the school year ended in early May, so Memorial Day wasn't technically a holiday for me and with the sweltering, humid heat flaring up by mid-April, it certainly wasn't the first taste of summer either. However, as an adult, I've come to appreciate the true meaning of Memorial Day: a day off and booze!!*

I started off the weekend with a quick trip to Bed, Bath, and Beyond (I had time, it turns out) to finish the project of finding new bedding. I've been going for this whole vintage, art deco kind of thing. I'm partly there, mostly because of this new sparkly pillow:


Then I picked up some pink roses for myself. Why? The BETTER question is why NOT?!?!


I've been wearing the HELL outta my new Jeffrey Campbell Mary Roks wedges, and I'm sure it's apparent why (hint: it's because they're awesome):


And to round out the weekend, I spent the last evening of the holiday with my friend Meghan. We made a deliciously boozey concoction of Prosecco and Peach Lemonade:


{It's organic, nbd}




{My upper lip completely disappears when I pour cocktails. It's a thing.}

The recipe for this refreshing summertime bev is as follows:

1. Buy something bubbly and alcoholic. The cheaper the better, as money does not grow on trees.
2. While you're at it, buy something fruity to complement the bubbly. I found Peach Lemonade for a buck at Whole Foods. The only other thing you can buy for a buck at Whole Foods is nothing. NOTHING.
3. Mix.
4. Drink liberally.
5. Or, if you're Kyle, drink beer:


It was a very merry Memorial Day weekend, indeed. How was everyone else's holiday? What fun cocktails did you come up with?

*JK, I totally know the true meaning of Memorial Day is to say thank you to all the vets who have served our country and allowed me the right to say things like "amazeballs" and the F-word as much as I want, wherever I want.

1 comment:

Meghan said...

LOVE IT! What a fun weekend! That cocktail creation WAS delish! I can't wait to drink more fruity sparkly cocktails together this summer! Oh and yes, thank you for making me famous. I've always wanted to try this lifestyle and so far, I'm really into it :) XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...