Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A Month of Cupcakes in Review

How does it feel to see me back? Are you sighing sighs of relief? Do you finally have a reason to get out of bed in the morning?? Are you going to buy a new outfit to celebrate!?? 


I'd apologize for the lack in posting, but that would be an admission of wrongdoing, and since I practically wrote the book on being perfect, that simply won't work. Instead, I'll just summarize all the cupcake news I've been collecting over the past four weeks.


Did you hear about Food Network's new TV show Cupcake Wars? It's pretty much what it sounds like. That is, of course, unless you think it sounds like cupcakes fighting to the death at Battle of the Bulge.Hmm, "Battle of the Bulge"...I smell a spin-off!!



  • Speaking of Cupcake Wars, Hello Cupcake held their own last Saturday, hosting their first Design Your DC Cupcake contest. This Chinatown-inspired cupcake went home the winner. Only because I didn't show up!



  • Did you see SATC 2?? Well, I have the same apron as Charlotte. In fact, I have two. I'm pretty sure Patricia Field is stalking me. What else is new??
  • And while we're on the topic of things I do better than most people, I also tried my hand at selling my baked confections this month. It was a flop, but not because they weren't delicious. It's all about picking the right audience. Can you believe some people aren't craving cupcakes 24/7?? Who ARE these people??
  • Oh, I went to Houston a while ago and spotted this:
'Nuff said
  • And a teaser for Katy Perry's new music video for California Gurls came out this week. I have tow words for you: Cupcake Bra.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...