What can you really say about Pumpkin Spice Latte cupcakes that hasn't already been said?
Pumpkin Spice Latte Cupcakes
Makes 18 cupcakes
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 TBSP espresso powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
2. In a mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, spices, and coffee. Stir to mix ingredients.
3. With an electric mixer, beat butter on medium speed until creamy. Add sugar; beat until light and fluffy (about 5 minutes). Scrape sides when needed. Add eggs one at a time and beat to incorporate before adding another egg.
4. Add 1/3 of the flour to the butter/sugar mixture and beat on low speed to incorporate. Add half of the milk, beat to incorporate. Repeat twice more, ending with the flour. Do not over beat.
5. Add the pumpkin puree and beat until incorporated. You might have to mix it by hand to ensure it well incorporated.
6. Spoon batter into cupcake tins; fill 2/3’s full. Bake 20-25 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
7. When done, remove from oven, let cool in pan 15 minutes and remove to baking rack to complete cooling.
8. Top with real whipped cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce. Garnish with a green straw if you're feeling sassy!