"TwoFaced Tuesdays" is a joint venture between CupcakesOMG! and Jenna from The Paleo Project. Each week, we select one secret ingredient and put our own paleo spin on it. You can catch up on the entire series here. Also, if you have any special ingredient requests, you can always tweet us (@MHeraldo and @ThePaleoProject) using the hashtag #TwoFacedTuesday.
In today's first order of business: do you guys like the recipes that Jenna and I are coming up with each Tuesday? I mean, for weeks now, we've been toiling away for hours in the kitchen, whipping up innovative and delicious Paleo-friendly recipes to suit your every whim. Your EVERY. WHIM.
And because we both crave constant validation and admiration, we're gonna keep going, knowing that, at some point, you will give us the approval we so desperately need/want/expect. So with that, we bring you complementary recipes. Yes, we're taking TwoFaced one step further this week by not only using the same star ingredient, but also two dishes that are designed to be enjoyed together. Don't get it yet?? Please, to see the roasted red pepper walnut dip I made below:thing that Jenna made. (And yes, this makes two dips in a row for TwoFaced Tuesday, but screw you! The SuperBowl is nearly upon us and everyone knows the SuperBowl is all about dips. And that's it.)
Be sure to check out the fantastic recipe Jenna made that would pair amazingly with this dip!!
Roasted Red Pepper Walnut Dip
Adapted from Everyday Paleo
- 1 cup walnuts
- 6 oz. roasted red peppers (about half a jar)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil (you can also use coconut milk--you might need more to get the right consisitency)
- 1 Tbsp. chives
- 1 clove garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add walnuts to food processor. Pulse nuts into fine crumbs.
- Add remaining ingredients and pulse until creamy and dip-able. Add more oil or coconut milk to reach desired consistency.
- Serve with sliced bell pepper, carrots, cucumber, or Jenna's recipe.