Friday, December 16, 2011

White Paper Packages Tied Up in Bling

{Step 1: Cut your shapes from glitter paper and buy Glue dots. Step 2: Adhere glue dots to "stickers".
Step 3: Stick those stickers all over your present to your heart's content.}

You know how they say "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery?" Yeah, well that's all crap. Imitation is the sincerest form of being unoriginal. But originality doesn't really matter when you're copying something that's pretty. It just...doesn't.

Take for instance the beautiful Christmas paper you see above/below. A few months ago, I found this artwork (which, incidentally, is a copy of some Kate Spade dishes), and decided to make my own Christmas wrapping paper in its form. Because, it's like I always say: "what's on the inside counts, but it's what's on the outside that MATTERS." (It's true for people and presents.)

So, armed with my one-dimensional vanity and a zest for Christmas rivaled only by the Target lady, I got to work on the project. The whole thing was pretty easy, save for the part where I had to cut out my own "stickers," but just like beauty, Christmas is pain. 

You'll Need:
  • White wrapping paper (I bought four rolls because they were fairly small--from Papyrus)
  • Decorative paper (gold glitter, gold metallic, white glitter--all from A.C. Moore)
  • Scrapbook circle punch 
  • Glue dots
  • Your imagination
  • An appreciation for beauty
It's pretty simple, really. Just cut out a punch of dots, put the glue dots on the back, and then place wherever you like on your wrapped gift.

I did an overlay scale design on this one, which was clearly my favorite.
I did a heavy concentration in the upper corner on this one, and let it disippate across the package.
For extra punch, I tied a couple of the larger packages with wired, glittery red ribbon.
It's probably the best wrapping anyone has ever done in the history of time.
Has anyone else ever ripped off designed their own wrapping paper before? Have you even wrapped your presents yet?? Why doesn't Target air crazy Target lady commercials year round????

12 comments:

Jenna | The Eighty Twenty said...

I'm doing my own wrapping paper this year as well, from something I also stole from the Internet! Tis the season!!!!!!

whitney said...

i have looked closely and i don't see one labeled 'whitney'

now, i do realize we just became friends. but i will take anything.

speaking of...seen jimmy kimmels christmas prank to those little bastards [also known as kids]?

youtube it...

P!nky said...

WOW, those packages are gorgeous! You did an amazing job, super jealous. I have the attention span of a gnat (oh look glitter...what?!) so that project won't work well with me.

First time I've ever heard of glue dots, thanks for the info.

Have a great weekend xoxo!

A Bitchin' Kitchen said...

Sooo, all of my presents are already impeccably wrapped, but I'm halfway considering tearing them open to do this. These are gorgeous!

- Maggie

Nicole said...

Ohh that's soo pretty!!! Love the pictures!

New post on my blog, come see plz? :)

mypurplerunway.blospot.com

-N :)

Unknown said...

Your presents look amazing!! My presents are already wrapped too BUT i absolutely plan to put this on the list for next year and for future presents. Fun fact: I used to work as a gift wrapper for a high end travel and luggage store in high school. I can make a mean crisp fold and curling ribbon is my b*tch. :)

Raquel said...

I love this!!

Kathryn Elise said...

precious! Love this idea :)

Jamie said...

This is adorable. I never spend much time on wrapping. Maybe next year :)

Move said...

great DIY and nice idea for my gift :)

xxx
June

Unknown said...

Oooh how fun! I made my own photobooth backdrop with glitter circles like this! ALSO did glitter wood letters as tags. Gotta love crafts/glitter/xmas combo! SUPER cute totally tweeting;-)

http://www.stylesoftamaranicole.blogspot.com

Erica said...

This is fabulous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...