Monday, January 28, 2013

Knock Offs and Blow Outs

{Pants: ASOS, Cami: Tibi, Jacket: BCBG, Heels: Shoedazzle,
Necklace: Alex+Ani, Jewelry: YSL, Michael Kors, David Yurman, J.Crew}

In 7th grade, I owned a collection of statement pants I procured from pre-teen mall heaven, Rampage. I had two pairs of iridescent silk pants, an investment I was particularly proud of since they rang up for a hefty $69.50 (as a 12-year-old spending my own money, this was incredibly indulgent. Who am I kidding? It still is!), but there was one pair in particular that I think put the nail in the proverbial coffin of my abilities to be "understated." 
They were entirely black lace, lined with only a nude fabric. So yeah, I probably looked naked wearing them. Oh, and I wore them to school. JUNIOR. HIGH. Somehow my mom let me out of the house. People asked me if I was naked underneath. Technically I was, but I told them no.
I tell you this awkward childhood story only to provide context around my obsession with these purple pants. I spotted a similar pair by Phillip Lim on Pinterest, but since I'm not trying to spend $300+ on pants (did you SEE my wedding shoes?!), this pair from ASOS warmed my heart. And thank god for that because this cold front has been brutal, man!!
Oh, and I've been meaning to share these AMAZEballsUSA Valentino knockoffs for a while, but since I only post like one outfit every solar eclipse, I'm only now able to. But not only are they really REALLY good copy cats, they're also super duper comfy. I wear them almost daily at work and always get compliments, which is good for feeding my metaphorically obese self-esteem.

So, what did I get all dolled up in purple pants and work shoes on a Saturday for, you might be wondering? To get my hair styled, OBVIOUSLY! 
If you remember the last time Megan and I tried to go to Dry Bar, you'll remember NEVER TO BRING IT UP AGAIN EVER!!!! We did, however, finally cash in the free blowouts they gave us at the Georgetown location, where we were early because they have a parking lot. Anyway, I used it as an opportunity to try out what I think is going to be my wedding hairstyle. 

I showed the stylist a few pictures of Lana del Rey, emphasizing a deep side part and loose waves, and was thrilled with the results. Even Kyle gave me his seal of approval, and not that I think straight men are in any position to have an opinion about a woman's hair, but this time, I think he was right.

After all, Kyle did have the good taste to get this necklace for me for Christmas.
Oh, and that ring on my finger. NBD.
Surprise! I'm freezing!!!
So Cupcult, do y'all like the hair? What about the pants? Any good naked pants stories of your own?! And who the hell else is ready for summer?? Damn.

21 comments:

Rachel said...

Those pants are fabulous! And I totally agree with $60-70 being a lot to pay for pants!

Laura Humphrey said...

You pull off those pants well my friend and your hair looks fantastic!
Naked pants story hmm...well there was that one time in "hike" school where Katie and I jumped the fence to sneak into the football game and i somehow managed to get my jean pocket caught on the chain link part of the fence so my butt was just hanging out there for the world to see. Good times.

Meg O. said...

HOT!!! I love love love those Valention-esque shoes!

Anonymous said...

Love the hair! I can't wait to try a Dry Bar for myself sometime soon!!

X Kenzie

www.CaveGirlintheCity.com

Kerri @ Holly Muffin said...

I follow you on Instagram, and when I saw the pictures of your hair, I was all- I gotta find me a dry bar! Turns out no such thing exists where I live.
But, the Lana hair looks seriously incredible on you. So classic!

Annalilly said...

Perfect wedding hair. Fab.

Unknown said...

I am SO ready for this winter nonsense to be over!

Also, re: the hair. Does your hair hold a curl for a long time? If it doesn't, you might either want to go with an updo or have some sort of back-up in case your hair goes flat. Mine totally did and it made me super sad.

Jenna | The Eighty Twenty said...

I almost ordered these pants when I saw them on Atlantic Pacific a few months ago! They're perfect. Remember you told me this nude/lace pant story at that chocolate brunch and I almost died from laughter? I DO. Your hair!!!! Your face!! Your alex and ani statement necklace! Everything.

Megan | Freckled Italian said...

You are so fancy! And it was so cold! But we are PROFESSIONALS, DAMMIT!

Lisa - respect the shoes said...

I used to wear a billowy white lace blouse with ruffles up the front during junior high. And also had a sheer black blouse with flowers on it. I once was pointed out as that girl who wears the see-through shirts and I don't think it was meant as a compliment. Ah, youth.

Erin @ Currently Coveting said...

Cute cute cute! Your hair looks great and those shoes are basically identical. I am pretty sure I saw Megan walking into my building yesterday afternoon..

ALSO - I turned my bestie on to your blog since she was trying out the paleo diet and shes obsessed. She thinks she saw you shopping in a dept store but didn't say hi. I thought you should know about your celebrity moment even if she didn't say hello.

christin said...

I LOVE your hair. You sexy.

Anonymous said...

Is Kyle your photographer? lol, for some reason I can't picture him doing these photo shoots.

vanessa said...

LOVING those pants!!! You can pull anything off! Love it. Hey check out my GIVEAWAY(!!!) this week! It's awesome, and I want to keep it for myself. Boo.

xx, Vanessa

The Giveaway: http://fashiongalfireman.blogspot.com/2013/01/giveaway-valentines-day-massage.html

Julie // Bound said...

Love the pants. Why ever NOT be wearing statement pants, right?

Blue Dog Belle said...

Absolutely stunning hair and makeup!

Unknown said...

You are so pretty! I love the outfit you're wearing especially the jacket

Lauren

Lydia Armstrong said...

Love the hair, love the pants. You had $70 in the 7th grade? I don't have $70 now.

Naked story. You will like this one. I used to have this long, sort of flowy skirt. I think it was kinda fitted up top and then flared out as it went down. Anyway, it required the use of thong underwear, I guess because of the fitted top part, and one day I decided to wear it to work but I didn't have any thongs clean and didn't want to wear regular underwear so I decided to go commando. The skirt was midi-length, past my knees, so I figured no big deal.

Well, at the time I worked at this outdoor mall you may or may not have been to, Short Pump, and the open air corridors would sort of work as wind tunnels on windy days. So I was walking through the mall on my break, and a gust of wind came through and blew up my skirt all the way over my hips, and everyone saw my vagina.

Anna G said...

I love finding cheap version of those shoes because there is no way I can afford the Valentino pair. Love the long Lana style hair blow out. It's so pretty for a wedding day.

Modern Camelot said...

I found your blog while googling to find some Valentino Rockstud-inspired pumps, and was excited to see a fellow local DC blogger - and a fashionable one to boot!

I've twice made appointments at the Dry Bar and both times had to cancel, but next appt is the 23rd - any stylists you recommend? Your hair looks fantastic!

Endlessly Chic said...

I love your outfit!!! Especially the BCBG Blazer! Xo Hannah endlesslychic.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...