Thursday, September 20, 2012

HIWWI: Tory Burch Jenna High Heel Boots


When I think of fall dressing, I can’t help but think about Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I’ve actually never even seen an episode, but one night while I was still in high school, I was skimming the channels, probably looking for an episode of Friends or America’s Next Top Model, I randomly landed on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I was just about to change the channel again when Sarah Michelle Geller entered the frame wearing the most incredible knee-high brown heeled boots, mini dress and slouchy cardigan. The leaves beneath her boots crunched and it looked like it was under 70 degrees wherever she was, which was pretty much my idea of heaven as a 16-year-old Houston-native that had never seen snow before. The scene ended and SMG was no longer on screen and thus, neither was her amazing ensemble, so I changed the channel, but that scene changed my life...sort of. (A million brownie points to anyone who knows which episode this outfit actually even appeared in—I know you Buffy-philes are out there!!!!). 

This week, I discovered these Tory Burch boots and I’m pretty sure my life will never be the same. These remind me so much of the iconic outfit I associate with fall that I couldn’t stop myself from trying to recreate the look for 2012 F/W, even if they cost more than some people’s rent. (If these boots cost more than your rent, you obviously don't live in D.C.)

I just bought this amazing shrug from AllSaints. I like it because it looks cozy, has a cool detail at the neck, and because it’s AllSaints, hello!




I really like the idea of taking something really cozy like this shrug and layering it on top of this structured faux leather shift, since like, leather (and any faux forms of it) are gonna be so huge for fall. Plus the skirt is short and the boots are tall, which says “I’m a little slutty, but I know big words like ‘juxtaposition,’ so I’m also kinda smart, lol!”


I’ve been kind of obsessedies with dark, brooding nail colors for fall, which is why I like this khaki polish. I also kind of love matching your nail color to your shoes. Church ladies, eat your heart out!


How ‘bout a hot pink satchel, just to confuse people a little? I don’t think neon is going anywhere for fall, y’all…what do you think??


Do you know which episode of Buffy I'm referring to? Has anyone actually broken out the fall boots yet??? Are you nuts??? Where do you live?? 

5 comments:

Meg O. said...

Come dress me, okay? That shrug is sooooo pretty!!

Jenna | The Eighty Twenty said...

this buffy the vampire slayer lead in is killing me.

Rachel said...

Man I am trying so hard to think about what episode in particular you're talking about. Buffy basically LIVED in those brown boots and go-go dresses the entire first season :) And would occasionally add oversized jackets (like the leather one from Angel). Can't remember an oversized cardigan though. Then again, I haven't watched Buffy since it came out when I was in the 6th grade. Used to be OBSESSED.

Erin @ Currently Coveting said...

I never watched Buffy either but those boots are killer! I have such a hard time with boots though, they never fit so I try not to get excited about them until I'm actually in the store to avoid heartbreak.

I'm loving that faux leather dress and the RM bag!! Such a great fantasy look.

xx,
Erin

High Heel Sandals said...

these boots look perfect for the desert as well...doesn't get too cold here, but can get some frost and very chilly in the a.m.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...