Thursday, October 27, 2011

HIWWI: J. Crew Chambray Shirt


Most of my life, I was convinced I couldn't wear button-up shirts thanks to my ginormous tatas. I somehow got the notion that an ample bosom covered by buttons looked indecent and unflattering. But in the last few years, I realized what every prepubescent thirteen year-old boy has known for centuries: boobs are awesome! When I came to this realization, I promptly sought out a variety of button-ups to fill the sartorial void in my life, but the one item that has continued to elude me is the chambray button-up, like this one from J. Crew, which bring us to this week's HIWWI.

While I have dreams of pairing this with my Rachel Zoe-inspired 7 jeans in a fashion-forward homage to a Canadian tuxedo, I feel like knotting the shirt with a long, lacy skirt is a fun surprise.


For some reason, I'm particularly drawn to the idea of a stacked-heel bootie with this look, even if it does hillbilly it up a bit. But hey, just go with it.
{Old Navy boot, $29.99}

Yes, just go with it, because when you top it all off with this statement necklace, it all makes perfect sense. Assuming of course, that statement is "I can't leave well enough alone," or "my daddy still pays my rent".
Marc by Marc Jacobs necklace

What say ye, my fellow big (and small) chestical ladies? How do we feel about button-ups? How would you wear this chambray top? Leave me your thoughts, opinions, and brazziere size in the comments!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eh, it's tough. I could write a novel on this topic. I'm in the Big Boob club, and some (ok, most) button-ups make me look like a Fraulein at a strict German school. I've found two things that help: some stretch to the fabric and seams that go directly under the center of your boobs down to the bottom of the shirt. But most shirts (including J. Crews essential blouses) do not come with these. Also, I am usually stricken with what my mom refers to as Gaposis - the fabric in the middle of my boobs pulling between buttons and revealing a lovely gap and a peak at my bra. Basically I never buy blouses without trying them on. I'm dying to get that chambray J. Crew blouse too, but I really can't until I know it will actually fit me.

Meghan said...

i'm extremely neutral when it comes to button-up shirts so i don't have any comments on that but that urban skirt...straight obsessed. read: i just linked to it from your blog and bought it :) xoxo

Meg O. said...

Love the pairings! Never would have thought of a lace maxi skirt! I love my chambray shirt :)

Jenna | The Paleo Project said...

I think button ups look terrible on me.

Sincerely,
Almost an A

ash26brad said...

Love it! I have also seen it paired with a sequin mini skirt (preferably gold)! There is a great example on my pinterest board. I also would pair it with matchstick cords and leopard flats!

The Everything List said...

love the boots! and they are only 29!

http://lachapstickfanatique.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...