Thursday, January 28, 2010

Palette Cleanser Cupcakes

Have you ever been to a really nice restaurant...or maybe a high school band banquet...where, in between the salad course and the chicken, beef, or vegetarian option entree the waiter delivers a small dish of lemon, lime, and/or orange sorbet? And you're all "hmm, I usually wait until after my meal to have dessert, but hey, life is short," but really it's served as, ya know, a palette cleanser...?


Look, the point is, I look at a lot of cupcakes. Like, a lot. Between this blog, my "Daily Cupcake" email listserv, and the two sets of Google Alerts I get on a daily basis about cupcakes, I probably see more cupcakes in a week than most people will in their lifetime, which is simply sad. Not for me, I mean...for others. 

So like I was saying, I see a lot of cupcakes, and every now and again, it can be overwhelming, with all the buttercreams, dragees, fillings, herbs, savory blends...BUTTER!!! It can all get to be a bit much. So tonight, I really needed this simple vanilla cupcake. It's bright, light, has the tidiest placement of sprinkles, and clean. It makes me want to be a better person. That is, assuming I cared about being a better person. Now, where is that peasant who I've enslaved to rub my feet??!!? And don't forget to bring me my baby seal coat!!!!

1 comment:

LetMeEatCake Eat With Me! said...

simple as it may be that is a beautiful cupcake! i love the perfectly place tiny little spinkles!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...